Anoma is looking for a Senior React JS Developer who is comfortable with Ruby on Rails and who can work with very little tech-help support. Understanding of MVC web frameworks and willing to learn. Ability to own features, test them, make sure they work, monitor them in production, and put up fixes quickly when something doesn’t work.
Project Location(s): Remote (India / Central America)
- Build new features and improve existing features
- Work with our product and support teams, as well as directly with our customers, to understand users’ needs
- Develop web-based user interfaces, applications, and Web Service integration APIs using React.js and Ruby on Rails technologies
- Own the full software development lifecycle from design to release
- Break down high-level projects into user stories and deliverables
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code
- Ability and desire to work with multiple technologies – Heroku, AWS (for db, SQS and hosting the Chat server), Rspec and linters
- 4+ years of React.js expertise. You know the framework inside-out and are comfortable with popular gems.
- You can think in high-level abstractions.
- You like working in a fluid environment
- 1+ years of experience with Ruby-on-Rails or at least an understanding of MVC web frameworks and willingness to learn is preferable but not required
- Understand the performance characteristics of different storage layers.
- Familiarity with distributed source control using Git, and common branching and merging strategies
- Bonus: You have contributed to open-source React.js / Ruby projects even if it is just a small PR